Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content

In Chicago, Illinois, If I Remarry The Same Person, Are Assets Divided In The First Divorce Marital Again?

By Russell Knight | June 6, 2016

After years of practicing family law in Chicago, Illinois, I’ve found that remarrying the same person is pretty common. However, divorcing that same person a second time is also common. The division of assets from the first divorce means all…

Read More

How to Use the Cook County Clerk Docket

By Russell Knight | March 6, 2016

Navigating any legal situation can be a nerve-wracking and overwhelming experience and it can be difficult to keep track of important information such as the case number, upcoming court dates, and judge assignment. As a reference for participants and attorneys,…

Read More

Can my spouse see my text messages?

By Russell Knight | March 1, 2016

One of the newest technological advances of the 21st century is the ability to communicate quickly and effectively with one another via text. Text messaging is commonplace and often is preferred to talking directly on the phone. However, sending a…

Read More

How do we determine which district my child will attend school in Chicago?

By Russell Knight | January 7, 2016
| |

In Illinois, you can come to any kind of agreement with your ex as to where the child will attend school. Specifically, 750 ILCS ILCS 602.10(f)(6) requires that a parenting plan must include “the child’s residential address for school enrollment…

Read More

Can I Change My Judge in Cook County, Illinois?

By Russell Knight | May 7, 2015
| | |

In a contested Chicago divorce, a judge has enormous power your future and the future of your family.  Therefore, you’re going to want to a judge who will fairly consider all the factors in your divorce case.  If you believe…

Read More

In Chicago, Illinois Can I Sue The Person Who Stole My Wife Or Husband From Me?

By Russell Knight | March 8, 2015
| |

You can sue the person who seduced your husband or wife…or at least you used to be able to in Illinois. It’s called “Alienation of Affection.” Alientation of affection is the wrongful act of one person that interferes with the…

Read More