This is number 15 in my series of places, events and things to do with children while you’re parenting alone. Whether you are divorced, separated or just alone for the day with the kids, I hope these posts can be a guide in a city that isn’t set up for kids, Chicago. I’m not just a lawyer, I’m also a dad.
It’s pretty safe to say that most, if not all, of us have at some point been sitting at home or walking through a public area, seen a gameshow contestant in the midst of answering a trivia question or performing some hilarious act for money and said to ourselves “I could do that”. Maybe you’ve even said to yourself that you could probably doit better. Well, here’s your chance.
The GAME SHOW Game Show is an entertainment business where you and up to 11 family and friends can go head-to-head against one another in a professionally hosted game show environment. The hosts are very experienced and knowledgeable. Every contestant receives a name tag (just like other game shows such as Family Feud).Each session lasts one hour. There are prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. You also have the chance to be crowned the gameshow’s king or queen.
While prizes and titles are definitely fantastic motivators, the fun doesn’t stop there. Who wants to win if the only people there to witness your rise to the top are simultaneously trying to steal that top spot? So, to sweeten the experience, the creators have made the show live. Now, while it won’t be broadcasted next to The Price Is Right, your friends and loved ones will still have the chance to chime in and enjoy the experience with you.
When you purchase a ticket you’ll be given a code and a link with anyone who would like to watch. The game show session will then be made available live for SmartTVs and on the internet. Maybe if you’re tech-savvy then you might be able to find a way to stream it over Facebook.
Custom shows are also available. These will have the same live broadcast but will also include a recording. To take it even further, setting up a custom game will afford you the chance to include personal trivia about various members of the party, which (depending on the group) could be either very entertaining or very chaotic.Either way, it’s sure to make for a great show.
I would be up to trying this game show just for fun, but if you’re looking for something to bring your friends and family together during trying times then this might just help.
- Adult: $28
- Child (8-14): $28
- Gift certificates are available.
- Monday-Thursday: Closed
- Friday: 6pm-10pm
- Saturday: 10am-10pm
- Sunday: 10:30am-6pm
- The GAME SHOW Game Show is located at 408 S Michigan Avenue.
- If taking public transportation then (from my law office) walk 300 feet east, take the Green Line, Orange Line, or Pink Line to Adams St. then walk 0.2 miles south.
- Metered parking available nearby ($6.50 for up to 3 hours)
- Grant Park South Garage is 0.2 miles northeast of the game show building.
- Divvy Bike Sharing location at Michigan Ave and Congress Parkway
- Google: 4.8 stars (26 reviews)
- Facebook: 5 stars (30 reviews)
- Yelp: 5 stars (33 reviews)
- TripAdvisor: 5 stars (61 reviews)
- Must be 8 or older
- Age 8-14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (1 paying adult per 6 paying children)
- Minimum of 2 adults per group of children in a party
- Anyone under 18 must bring a printed waiver that has been signed by the parent or guardian.
- EPILEPSY WARNING: Strobes and flashing lights are used during the game show.
- Allow 15 minutes before AND after for setup, signing a release, prizes, and photos.
- No trivia knowledge needed to score high.
- Get points to win prizes.
- All contestants walk away with a parting gift.
- Reserve spots as early as possible because they do go fast.
- To reserve a private session you’ll need to purchase all 12 tickets.
TheGAME SHOW Game Show is 0.5 miles (5-minute drive or 10-minute walk) from my Chicago law office. Directions below: